What is Odoo
Odoo is a comprehensive business software that can store a wide range of data, including:
- Customer data, including contact information, purchasing history, and communication history.
- Sales and invoicing data, including quotes, orders, invoices, and payment information.
- Inventory and supply chain data: track inventory levels, manage suppliers, and optimize the flow of goods through your supply chain.
- Financial data, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger information.
- Project management data, including task assignments, deadlines, and budget tracking.
Why using Metabase to analyse data from Odoo
There are several advantages to connecting Odoo data to Metabase:
- Insights into business performance: you can gain valuable insights into key performance indicators such as revenue, customer acquisition, and retention. This can help you to make informed decisions about how to optimize your performance and grow your business.
- Improved decision-making: By visualizing data from Odoo through Metabase, you can more easily identify trends and patterns and make more informed and data-driven decisions.
- Enhanced customer insights: gain a deeper understanding of your customers and identify key trends and patterns in customer behavior. This can help businesses to tailor their marketing and product offerings to meet the needs of their customers and drive sales.
- Customization: Metabase offers a high level of customization, allowing businesses to tailor their data visualization and analysis to their specific needs and goals. This can be particularly useful for businesses that have unique data requirements or need more advanced visualization capabilities.
- Gather all your company’s data in a single place to have everything at hand
Overall, connecting Odoo data to Metabase can provide a wealth of insights and help businesses to make more informed and data-driven decisions.
How to connect Odoo to Metabase
- Get access to Odoo External API
- We create a script that uses this api to fetch the data we want to analyse and feed it to a PostgreSQL database
- Connect this database as a new data source in Metabase and start building your dashboard