What is WooCommerce
WooCommerce is an open-source e-commerce plugin for WordPress that allows businesses to sell products and services online.
- Sales data, including the number of orders, average order value, and total revenue. This data can be used to understand the performance of the business and identify areas for improvement.
- Customer data, including their purchasing history, demographics, and location. This data can be used to understand customer needs and preferences and tailor marketing and product offerings accordingly.
- Product data performance, including the number of sales, average selling price, and margin. This data can be used to understand the demand for different products and optimize inventory management.
- Marketing data: WooCommerce can provide data on marketing campaigns, including the number of clicks, conversions, and revenue generated. This data can be used to assess the effectiveness of marketing efforts and optimize campaigns.
WooCommerce can provide a wide range of strategic data that can be used to inform business decisions and optimize performance.
Become a data-driven e-commerce business
As an e-commerce business, there are a range of data-driven decisions that you can make to optimize your performance, including:
- Product development: By analyzing data on customer needs and preferences, you can identify opportunities to develop new products or improve existing products.
- Marketing strategy: By analyzing data on customer acquisition and retention, you can identify the most effective marketing channels and campaigns and allocate resources accordingly.
- Pricing strategy: By analyzing data on conversion rates and customer lifetime value, you can identify the optimal pricing strategy for your products or services.
- Inventory management: By analyzing data on product demand and margin, you can optimize your inventory management to ensure that you have the right products in stock at the right time.
- Customer service: By analyzing data on customer support interactions, you can identify common issues and improve your customer service processes to provide a better customer experience.
Connect WooCommerce to Metabase
All data from wordpress and WooCommerce are stored in a MySQL database.
- In Metabase > admin > databases, add a new MySQL data source
- Connect to your wordpress database using the regular MySQL credentials
- Build your dashboard in Metabase using the WooCommerce database schema as a reference